The Apex Learning websites include links to websites operated by others. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties, and this policy does not apply to any information collected by such third party websites.
How We May Collect Personal Information
We may collect information that personally identifies you when you obtain a user name and password, when you participate in the Apex Curriculum or when you otherwise communicate with us through an Apex Learning website. We may also obtain your personal information through an Apex Learning website if it is submitted by a representative of the institution (such as a school, school district, state department of education or other educational organization) or by the individual (such as a parent or guardian) funding your participation in the Apex Curriculum ("Sponsoring Organization").
Types of Personal Information Collected
We may collect the following types of personal information at the Apex Learning websites:
1. When a student, or a teacher, school administrator or representative of a Sponsoring Organization on behalf of a student, obtains a user name and password or enrolls in the Apex Curriculum, we may request the following personal information:
- student name and email address
- school name
- school or homeschool address
- phone number
- parent or guardian contact information for the student
2. When a student participates in Apex Course activities, student activity scores and grades are collected in a password-protected location with limited access by the student, the student's parent(s)/guardian(s), the student's teacher, administrators from the student's school and/or personnel from the student's Sponsoring Organization. 3. When a teacher, school administrator or personnel from a Sponsoring Organization obtains a user name and password, we may request the following personal information:
- name and email address
- school or organization name
- school or organization address
- phone number
4. Your contact information so that Apex Learning can provide you with more information about our products and services.
How Information Is Used and Shared
Information about Apex Learning websites users, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of Apex Learning.
Non-personal User Information
A cookie is a small packet of information that we place on your computer's hard drive whenever you visit the Apex Learning websites. For each user, our web server automatically recognizes the following:
- the host origin of the request (e.g., your IP address)
- the referrer (e.g., where you came from if you arrived at our site via a link)
- the requested document (e.g., the page being viewed)
- your browser type (e.g., Internet Explorer 7.0)
- platform information (e.g., Windows 2000, MAC OS 10)
- session data (e.g., whether sign in was successful)
- For session variables, to facilitate your navigation of content on the Apex Learning websites.
- To determine if cookies are enabled in your browser so that we may ensure that our Apex Learning websites run on your computer.
We do not store in cookies any passwords or credit card information, any information that personally identifies you, or any information that tracks you from session to session.
Steps You Can Take to Protect Your Privacy
What You Disclose. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online - for example, via message boards, forums, or chats - that information can be viewed and used by people that you do not know, including but not limited to other students who access the Apex Learning websites. Apex Learning does not control their use of that information.
No Guarantee of Security. No data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed to be secure. Apex Learning does not ensure or warrant the security of any personal or other information you transmit to us including without limitation via the Apex Learning websites.