Closing Gaps, Not Doors: Supporting the Transition from Middle School to High School
Join us on January 16, 2018, 11:00 a.m. PT
- Luke Francois, Superintendent, Mineral Point School District
- Mike Chambers, Math Teacher, Mineral Point Middle School
Moderator: Jason Mitchell
Ninth grade is the make-or-break year for high school students. Incoming ninth graders who are unprepared for high school coursework are more likely to drop out of high school, and this trajectory starts in middle school: Each course failed in eighth grade increases the odds of non-promotion from ninth to tenth grade by 16%. On the other hand, students who finish ninth grade on track are four times more likely to graduate from high school.
Are you ensuring high school readiness among your middle school students? Find out, with this webinar.
- How to ensure your middle school students are on track and prepared for high school coursework
- How to remediate learning gaps using digital curriculum
- How to personalize learning to get—and keep—middle school students engaged