Early in March—just before the education landscape shifted for the majority of us in North America because of the Covid-19 pandemic—EdWeek shared some guidance with education vendors on the topic of equity. Their guidance led with a call for products to avoid bias and emphasize diversity and inclusion. In the weeks since, this topic has emerged as a front-and-center challenge for districts to overcome as they seek to continue educating America’s youth using remote learning options.
During this conversation, education experts will discuss the issue of equity pre- and post-pandemic onset.
The discussion will include:
- A review of how surveyed educators define equity
- Insights emerging from the rapid shift to remote learning
- Discussion of the latest DOE guidance and how states are responding
- A review of the opportunities this shift is creating for equity in education
- The opportunity to pose your questions and share your insights